Monday, September 5, 2011

this weeks meal menu

Today I decided to do something different to spice up our meal options. I put a letter on a card and had L pick one for each meal then we went on to FoodNetwork.com to search for meal options. This was certainly challenging for two reasons: 1 - I'm super picky!, and 2 - my diet options. So here is what we've come up with:
Monday, Italian meatballs with spaghetti (my own recipe) and strawberry shortcake nachos for dessert; Tuesday, hash brown quiche; Wednesday, Apricot chicken and white rice; Thursday, warm steak and potato salad and Friday, Grilled chicken pitas with yogurt sauce.

The key to making this work...follow through! I will try my best to make sure I actually cook each night. This won't be easy with the baby and me being tired by the end of the day but it's what needs to be done to stay healthy - and not break the bank with eating out!

I'll let you know how it goes!

OH! My make over dish...well, there will be some make over happening for most of the week but the one I have chosen is Paula Deans' Cream Cheese Tarts (she makes them with canned pie filling on top, I'll have to figure something else out!). Wish me luck! (with the dish and the laptop!!!!)

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment