Thursday, September 29, 2011

French's onion chicken and grilled potatoes

Tonight's dinner was D-licious! The hubs was especially happy with it - to say the least. Ok, so the chicken is a combo between the French's recipe and one my gram makes with corn flakes. Again, super easy!

Take one part mustard to two parts mayo with ground pepper, mix well and put it in a container for easy dipping. I put about half a large can of French's Onions in a zip lock bag, crused and poured onto a plate, again, easy for dipping. Then I dredged the chicken in the mustard/mayo mix, then in the onions and put it on a greased baking sheet. From there, I cooked the chicken in a 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes or so - I over cook my chicken because I'm so afraid of under cooking it!

The potatoes are a Paul Dean recipe - sort of... First, I cut three dark russet potatoes about 3/4" on an angle and boiled them until they were just al dente. Then I grilled them - sort of. I don't have a grill but I have an awesome grill pan that pretty much gives me the same results (one day I will have a real grill). I melted a couple tablespoons of margarine in the grill pan and then added the potatoes. I sprinkled a mix of salt, pepper and garlic powder, then flipped and then sprinkled the same mix on the other side along with some parmesian cheese. They were a little dry so I added a bit more margarine with I served them.

I added cut green beans to complete the meal. On a side note - I highly recommend using frozen green beans, they are closest to fresh short of getting them right out of the garden. Plus, you can get them reasonably priced if you keep an eye out.

I will make this over and over for sure!!!!!



Enjoy - Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment