Friday, September 9, 2011

How did the week go?

To recap - L and I picked our menu by drawing letters and having the make a dish with the letter. Our letters and meals were:

N - strawberry Nachos
I - Italian meatballs and spaghetti
Q - hash brown Quiche
A - Apricot chicken with white rice
D - warm steak and potato salad with warm sour cream Dressing
Y - grilled chicken pitas with Yogurt sauce

I loved the pitas and the strawberry nachos. L's favorite was the nachos and the quiche and the hubs really enjoyed the apricot chicken twice, he had it the next day for leftovers.

I have to say this was the first time I made a menu, buy all the food and cook the dishes as planned. I have to admit this was an undertaking to say the least, because of the baby - it's not easy to have a fussy baby and cook. If I didn't commit to do this, I could have easily turned to take out, pasta or what we refer to as "pick ups" which is pretty much what ever we can find in the house.

L and I plan on doing the same next week. We will draw letters, search for meals, shop and cook.

This was a lot of fun, satisfying and I have to admit, I feel quite accomplished!

Thanks for following me. I hope you have taken away something you can make or simply a fun way to come up with your weekly menu.

Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment