Thursday, September 29, 2011

Individual pizza and salad

Earlier this week we had individual pizzas with garden salads for dinner. I got the pizza idea from the Pillsbury commercials. The hubs and L had Hawaiian and I had cheese. This was a very easy and super quick dinner. I took one roll at a time from can of Pillsbury flaky rolls and pressed it them out to a six inch (roughly) round dough, smeared jar pizza sauce on top and then thinly sliced fresh mozzarella with well drained pineapple chunks and a few pieces of Canadian bacon then baked them in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or so.

I made a traditional salad but I made my own salad dressing - ok an attempt at my own dressing! The dressing.... 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar with about 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil (I used a little less because I thought it was too olive oily), from there I whisked in salt, pepper, garlic, onion and oregano. It came out pretty good the only down fall, I poured it all over the salad - it was too much dressing.

Over all, this was a very easy meal and I'll make it again in a heart beat - just not too sure I would want it too often.


Enjoy - Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment