Friday, September 23, 2011

It's been a while since....

It's been a while since I've posted a blog and cooking - really cooking. It's been a busy couple of weeks to say the least.

Last week I had planned on making inside out bacon cheese burgers but that didn't happen - we had plan old boring burgers. So when I was faced with hamburgers again this week I decided I wanted to make them much more exciting, but how was the question.

A couple of weeks ago I made steak with a warm potato salad with a sour cream bacon dressing. I though hmmm that dressing would be really good on a burger. So, I made the burgers put them on miami rolls - which are fancy onion rolls, topped with cheddar cheese, red leaf lettuce and the salad dressing - they were messy but really good! To that, I made the tortilla chips - again. This time, I made a savory seasoning mix and added a bit of the bacon to tie it all together. I overcooked them so they weren't quite as tasty as they should have been; still, I'd make them again!

Tonight, we are having tangy ngrilled chicken with roasted potatoes - Liam found this recipe on a free card at the grocery store! HA - Actually, this looks really tasty. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment