Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Red velvet cupcakes

As you know by now - I LOVE Paula Dean! She has these amazing looking red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting that, well, look to die for. I've never had a good red velvet cake/cupcake - I should say Ms. Dean makes red velvet cake I made it as cup cakes.

The actual recipe I used was on the Food network - Grandma's red velvet cake (I believe is the name). I switched out the sugar for the Splenda/sugar blend but I did use real butter - I figure it would be better to use real butter than margarine, I'd rather the real fat versus processed.

Once the cupcakes were cool - I made cream cheese frosting; this recipe came from Splenda.com. I used the splenda/sugar blend with cream cheese and butter. It was so good.

As for a splurge, this was a good way to go. The cake and frosting was so rich and delicious that it really felt like I was being so very bad!!!

Enjoy - Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment