Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Skirt Steak - eh...

I'm not a big red meat fan - it's not my favorite to eat. I decided to try my own marinade and to try a skirt steak. I don't think skirt steak is the most tender cuts of beef though I understand that it's best grilled. I don't have a grill so I made my best effort with out a grill.

I made a marinade with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper, and a bit of oregano. Then I let the steak sit in the marinade over night then I cooked it in a grill pan.

To make it a little tastier, I sprinkled the steak with fresh blue cheese. We had the steak with grilled potatoes and peas. If I enjoyed steak this would have been better but since I don't really enjoy it... I could take it or leave it. Now, having said all that, I would make the marinade again (I eyeballed the whole thing, not a set recipe) just with a better selection of beef.

No comments:

Post a Comment