Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blueberry Almond Muffins

Who says you can't eat muffins while trying to loose weight or stay healthy? If you make them from scratch, they can be what ever you want. I am blessed that my mother has all her dad's recipes and has passed them on to me and the siblings. I want to keep those recipes close to home so I won't be sharing them, just yet.

You may be wondering why I'm telling you about it then, well, it's more the concept that I'm sharing. In these muffins, my grandfather used "lard" or "fat", I use butter - the real thing. (I have switched to real butter versus margarine, figure if I'm going to bother using fat it might as well be less processed than it has to be.) The I increased the amount of fruit because I like to have a lot of blueberries! The nuts were added simply because I had them. The biggest change I made though was the sugar. I have been cooking with a Splenda/sugar blend however, I ran out and the grocery store didn't have any either. In stead, the hubs found a Domino sugar/Stevia blend. I promise this is sooooo much better than the Splenda blend. It tastes far more like real sugar - could even say better than real sugar. It works the same as Splenda - 1 cup of sugar = 1/2 cup of the blend.

Again, take your favorite recipe and adjust accordingly.

Enjoy - Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment