Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cream Cheese Tarts take 2

I think one of my first posts, it was the video I made, was Paula Dean's cream cheese tarts - esentially, they are mini cheese cakes. As with most recipes, I follow the recipe the first go round with the obvious substitutions for sugar and such. The next time, I make it my way - generally, slightly different.

I was getting together with my NH (New Hampshire) girls and needed to bring a dessert so I decided to make the tarts again. They are so easy and tasty! I'm not going to go too far into the recipe, I'll just add that I used real butter (which I think it calls for) and I used the Sugar/Stevia blend - so tasty. YUM!

The tarts are topped with a fresh strawberry or blueberry sauce I made. The sauce is really easy, it's fruit, sugar and a corn starch/water mixture for thickening. Cook it on the stove to soften the fruit, from there, I let it cool so when I put it on the tarts, it won't melt them.

Somehow, I had a lot of the cream cheese mixture left over so I lines an 8 x 8 glass baking dish with Nilla Waffers pour the mix in, added waffers to the sides to make a side crust and then baked it for 20-25 minutes. Have to tell you, I liked that so much more than the tarts - flavor was better.

Enjoy - Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment