Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Red soup

I have very wonderful friends and we get together every so often for good food, drinks and we play Pokeno which is sort of like bingo but way better! Anyway, the last Pokeno night my BFF's sister K made red soup. I loved it and asked how to make it; it's a very easy recipe. I decided to make it but my own version; one because I didn't have the ingredients and two because I wanted to control the salt. So, I'm stealing the name and the flavors but not the same way.

Here's my recipe for Red Soup (by the way, this is my first real recipe I've ever come up with):

saute 1/2 onion or shallot in tbsp olive oil
add 1 tbsp chopped garlic
add any left over veggies you may have (I stole this from K's recipe) I used carrots
saute until tender
add 6 cups of stock
1 small can of tomato sauce (again stolen from K)
2 cups of your favorite pasta cooked
add 1 cooked pound of your favorite beef or chicken
one to two boulion cubes to add flavor
salt and pepper to taste
allow to come to a boil and allow to simmer 15 minutes do the flavors have time to blend

The bread - so simple! It's a can of thin crust pizza dough that I cut into pieces, spread with melted butter and sprinkled with paresan cheese and a little garlic powder then baked on 350 for 15 minutes.


Like I said - I got the basic concept from K but I stole it and tweaked it so I could call it my own ;-)! That being said, this is just a concept - you can make this anyway you want. I hope you will!

Enjoy, Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment