Sunday, October 30, 2011

Spaghetti Squash Fritters

YUM! I've made spaghetti squash in the past, roasted and shredded it then added sauce as if it were spaghetti. The hubs wasn't a fan so I didn't make it anymore. Oh but then I saw it on The Chew (a cooking talk show) and decided I needed to try it again. So very glad I did!

It takes a bit of time to make because you have to roast the squash and let it cool before you can make the fritters. Once the squash is cooled, shred it with a fork on to a towel an wring it out well to get out as much water as possible. Combine the squash with one egg, 4 oz of crumbled blue cheese, some flour, orange zest, a green onion (including the white portion), nutmeg and sage (I forgot the nutmeg and don't have any sage). I fried in a shallow pan of canola oil and put on a paper towel lined plate to drain, sprinkled with coarse salt and more orange zest. They were soooo good!

I had a bit of a conundrum though, what was I supposed to do with the remaining blue cheese, green onion and the orange? The Hubs sauteed some thin chicken breast, when it was close to being finished, we added the onion, some of the blue cheese and orange slices (I peeled the orange with the knife and sliced). He degalzed the pan with some nice white wine. This carried the flavors of the fritter over to the chicken.

I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious dinner turned out!I highly recommend you try the fritters - the exact recipe can be found at: http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Michael-Symon-Spaghetti-Squash-Fritters



Enjoy - Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment