Thursday, December 1, 2011

Garlic Shrimp

A few years ago I had garlic shrimp at Legal Seafoods, it was really yummy and very easy to make my own. Essentially, it's pasta with garlic, shrimp and cherry tomatoes - couldn't be easier!

Every time I make it, I make it somewhat different. This go around, I traded out pasta for Asian rice noodles though in the past I have made it with ziti and cavitappi. I saute precooked shrimp in olive oil and butter, add two cloves of garlic and cherry tomatoes - this is the standard way I start, however, I decided to flavor it up a bit so I added about 1/4 cup of white wine. Once the pasta was finished, I added it to the shrimp mixture and topped with Parmesan cheese.

I will say one thing, it was really difficult to mix the shrimp into the pasta otherwise - YUM! 

This was easy but it can be expensive to buy the shrimp so I made it with the leftovers from shrimp cocktail I had from Thanksgiving.

Enjoy - Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment