Thursday, December 1, 2011

Feta cream cheese chicken

Oh so yummy and super easy!

I have made this recipe my own the second time I made it - it's really just a method.

The recipe calls for 1/2 cup feta mixed with 2 table spoons of cream cheese that you let sit out so it softens and mixes well. Make a small slice in a chicken breast to create a pocket, fill the pocket with the feta cream cheese mixture, close the pocket with tooth picks and cook in the frying pan. I have NEVER cooked this in a frying pan, I bake it!

As I said, I make this my own...I add garlic and onions to the mixture along with pepper - the feta adds a good amount of salt. I also add more feta and cream cheese - I don't measure it. Instead of making a pocket, I butterfly the chicken or I will use thin breasts (cutlets) and then roll the chicken and secure it with toothpicks. I have added cranberries and then served it with a spinach salad with cranberries, nuts and feta - ties it all together.

Today I cooked it with petite diced tomatoes on top and served it with homemade rice (secret recipe from the BFF) and green beans (steam fresh from the freezer that I added almonds to).

This is a family fav for sure!


Enjoy - Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment