Friday, July 15, 2011

The last thing I thought I'd do...

So the last thing I thought I was going to be able to do - EVER - we be to make myself vomit. See, I had the weight loss surgery and from time to time food gets stuck in my little pouch. However, with the pregnancy it has become a more and more regular occurrence. The pouch is small, the baby is getting bigger and squishing the pouch making it even smaller.  So, I eat my dinner and well, then it gets stuck and I have no choice but to relieve the problem.

Unfortunately, I was not forewarned this could happen. I can say that since I haven't learned my lesson yet then it wouldn't have mattered if someone had forewarned me... I still eat what I like though those choices have changed quite a lot!


Another thing I've run into would be the most painful gas I have ever experienced in my life! This is not gas you would release by passing as a burp or toot but as a part of the digestive process. Sadly, there really isn't anything you can do to relive it, it has to pass on it's own. The worse it gets, the more difficult it is to eat or drink. Generally, I have to try to throw up to just move things around, eventually it works but until then - it is the WORSE pain ever! Since it is very difficult to eat or drink, when going through this, one can get dehydrated very quickly. When you're pregnant - that's a very bad thing.

I have to admit that if I had known I was going to go through either of these, to the extent that I do, I don't know if I would have gotten pregnant again. Well, I certainly feel that way when I'm going through the worst of it all but in light of what we have gone through, I would go through hell everyday of my life to have this baby! So, as usual - NO REGRETS!

If you are interested in having weight loss surgery and getting pregnant, just keep these things in mind but go for it anyway! Don't let it stop you. On top of all the baby rewards, my by-pass surgeon told me that women who have the surgery then get pregnant, report they feel like they've had the surgery a second time because their stomachs shrink. I guess they loose any weight they gain very quickly. Well, I've gained 28 pounds, so far, I'm sure a good amount is baby but the rest is not. I'm not banking on loosing it quickly but I figure once I put a bit of work into it, the weight will fall off!

Here's hoping! Good luck to anyone who is looking to do what the hubs and I have done - it truly is a gift I could have only hoped and prayed for. Every ache and pain is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment